Clare's Blogg

My Blogg for my family and friends

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our News.....


Just thought I would let everyone know that Shane and I are expecting our first child on 20 August this year. We are both very excited and nervous about bringing a new life into this world.

Although this is an unexpected surprise, we are both very happy to be blessed with the opportunity to have a baby of our own.

On Thursday I had the 12 week scan, which determines the likelihood of chromosomal diseases such as Downs Syndrome. We were told our risk was very low. All we can hope for now is a beautiful healthy baby.

BB (Baby Burgin) was not impressed with having to share space in me during the scan with my full bladder. I was allowed to release some of the fluid and it was absolutely amazing to see BB bounce around inside me. It was as though BB was going "yay, there is all this room now and I am going to use it all"!

It is so amazing to see this baby forming inside you. Even more amazing that at this stage, if I wasn't sick and tired all the time, I really wouldn't know anything was going on inside! It really is crazy how your body just knows how to make this baby and I don't have to do anything (I am really glad it hasn't asked me for instructions, he he he).

I would just like to show you a couple of photos of our baby and will keep you updated on the progress.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing little photo's,thinking of ya, I'm only a phone call away, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete